× Benvenuti sul nostro forum Kunena!

Dì a noi e ai nostri soci chi sei, cosa ti piace e perché sei diventato un membro di questo forum.
Diamo il benvenuto a tutti i nuovi iscritti e speriamo di vederti in giro!

Giants owner John Mara on Eli Manning cr

More
1 year 5 months ago #574 by lovelystyle
It wasn't supposed to start this way. Yes, the are 0-2 but they spent the offseason addre sing many of the i sues that plagued them a season ago when they finished 3-13. They upgraded the offensive line, adding and , drafting in the second round, and moving former first-round pick from left to right tackle. They also drafted running back with the second-overall pick instead of taking a quarterback, and Odell Chase Utley Jersey Beckham Jr., who played in just four games last year because of an injury, is now healthy. And the defense, which ranked 24th last season but finished No. 2 in 2016, was to poised for a bounce back. But the Giants lost to the in the season opener and were outcla sed against the on national television a week later. And on Sunday, they'll face off against another 0-2 team: the . As has been the case in four of the previous five seasons, when the Giants lost more games than they won, much of the blame has fallen to 37-year-old quarterback . New York's offense ranks 24th overall, according to (24th in pa sing, 29th in rushing), and Dylan Floro Jersey Manning is among all quarterbacks. Predictably, this has led to second-gue sing the organization's decision to take Barkley with the No. 2 pick instead of a quarterback. But Giants co-owner John Mara when it comes to finger-pointing in Manning's direction. "So what else is new?" he said Friday night from the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Champions for Children Gala in Manhattan, via the . "Listen: we're 0-2 for a reason. There's nothing I can say to defend that. Obviously we're hoping to be a little better. We'll see. It's a Maury Wills Jersey long season." But record aside, Mara likes what new coach Pat Shurmur is doing in New York. "I like the way we've practiced, I like their enthusiasm, I like their attentivene s to the coach," he said. "We'll see if it pays off." Shurmur was the coach in 2011-12 and went A. J. Pollock Jersey 9-23. He also coached the to victory in the 2015 season finale after Chip Kelly was fired. Meanwhile, Tom Coughlin, who coached the Giants from 2004-15, is unworried about the slow start, in part because his team started 0-2 during their 2007 run. "That was great," Coughlin said Friday. "Every season after that we would get together and I'd say, 'Will you guys please print that I'm going to get fired? Because whenever you do that, Trea Turner Jersey we win a Super Bowl.' You did it in '11, you did it in '07. Let's get it out there again!" Coughlin also has faith in Shurmur. "Pat's a good coach and a good man," Coughlin said. "... He's started out with a couple of tough ballgames, no doubt, but ... I believe he'll get it done." The , because all of them are picking the Giants to lose to the Texans.

Please Accedi or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds