× Benvenuti sul nostro forum Kunena!

Dì a noi e ai nostri soci chi sei, cosa ti piace e perché sei diventato un membro di questo forum.
Diamo il benvenuto a tutti i nuovi iscritti e speriamo di vederti in giro!

Mike Mayock explains why the Raiders tra

More
1 year 5 months ago #535 by lovelystyle
The caused plenty of people to scratch their heads when they executed a trade as part of their final roster cut-down on Saturday, in a swap of 2021 draft picks. shortly afterward that the Raiders were "happy to find a customer" for Bowden despite just spending the 80th overall pick on the Kentucky product, in large part because Freddie Freeman Jersey of perceived off-field concerns. But now general manager Mike Mayock has offered an explanation of his own."No. 1, it was a football decision only," Mayock said Sunday, . "Character, off the field, the kid did absolutely nothing wrong. We did all our homework on the kid off the field. He worked his tail off. He came to work every day. So this was completely a football decision. It had nothing to do with anything else."Quite frankly, I think the position change is a difficult one in any year, but it's exaggerated in a COVID-19 year with no offseason," Mayock continued, alluding to Matt Joyce Jersey Bowden's unofficial . "You're taking a kid that was a slot receiver in '18, a quarterback in '19 and asking him to play running back in ' Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey 20. Really the only other thing I'm going to say about it is that it was my call. He was not able to play today at the level expected. Because of that, we felt like we had to make a move. Again, it's 100 percent on me." Mayock's remarks at least partially run counter to the notion that Bowden, 22, was also a concern outside of the running backfield. Saturday that "some at the team facility" thought the rookie was "getting more and more distracted in Las Vegas" and might be a negative influence on fellow Robbie Erlin Jersey first-year playmakers Henry Ruggs and .Either way, it's a true indictment on the Raiders, as Mayock noted. There's a reason teams almost never give up on Day Two draft picks within a year or two, let alone before said draft pick has taken a single snap with the team. Whether or not Vegas misjudged Bowden's character or on-field prospects, the club misjudged him rather severely. Even if Mayock is telling the truth, that Bowden was an instant and abject swing and a mi s at the RB spot, it's not as if the Raiders couldn't have foreseen a shortened offseason coming, what with COVID-19 already disrupting the draft at which Vegas selected the rookie. In any event, Bowden is expected to compete for touches behind , Babe Ruth Jersey , and in Miami, his second home in le s than six months.

Please Accedi or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds